The Electro-polishing unit is designed to withstand both mechanical shock and corrosion. It includes a body that forms a base for the moving assembly and the electrolyte reservoir, the moving assembly with a pump and a motor, a cooling coil and an electro-polishing chamber equipped with electrodes.
The DC current produces the anodic dissolution of the surface of the metal specimen inside the electrolysis chamber.
A flat, polished surface is obtained in a few seconds, ready for microscopic observation.
- PVC base, with rack and pinion system, crank driven vertical movement.
- Moving assembly in PVC with circulation pump and electric motor.
- Motor with variable speed to adjust the electrolyte ﬂow.
- Stainless steel cooling coil.
- 5 PVC covers with openings of different shapes and sizes.
- Adjustable plastic-coated stainless steel rod as current feeder.
- 2l glass beaker.
- Input 220 volts single phase 50 or 60 Hz.
- Adjustable output from 0 to 100 volts, with display of voltage.
- Direct current rectiï¬ed by silicon diodes.
- Ammeter with 2 ranges, 0 to 10 and 0 to 20 Amp.
- Programmation managed by PLC with memorization of the polishing and etching ranges.
- 2 timers, polishing and etching.
- Rear output to electro-polishing unit and front connector for work with special clamp-type holder.
- Time delays for starting and electrolyte flow control